Removing Scuff Marks from Matte Painted Walls

I'm looking for a tried and tested method of washing walls to remove scuff marks as part of a spring clean! I live in a rented flat so just repainting the walls isn't an option. I don't want to wash the existing matte paint off by scrubbing too hard! Thanks :o)

By Amanda

Have you tried a standard eraser? A nice, soft, white eraser from the office supply or art store store might do the job. It's worth a try, as that matte paint washes off easily. I washed off so much of the paint trying to get off my daughter's artwork it isn't even funny. Good luck!

Anonymous

I was also going to suggest using an eraser.

Try using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I regularly use them to get scuff marks, handprints, even ink off walls and other painted surfaces. I generally rinse the area with a damp rag after using the magic eraser as it sometimes leaves some residue.

Everyone here is right. Magic eraser, I use them on walls and many things.

Even my son had a long streak of paint from another vehicle on his white car and it took it right off. They are awesome.

I love Mr.Clean Erasers also. I however have a thrifty, low cost scrub I make that works wonders. Take 1/2 tooth paste with 1/2 baking soda making at light,nonabrasive scrub (cleanser). I use it on walls, base boards, even tennis shoes. It always works and does not remove the paint. You can make a container of this and with a lid, keeps nicely.

Any tooth paste will work so the cheaper the better. No need for the whitening kind unless its the cheapest. I was told this by my grandma and have used it for years.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone, think I will give the toothpaste one a try first as I have those bits to hand, if not then I'll be hunting down some of these magic erasers!