Refinishing a Henry Link Cabinet

I just purchased an old cabinet at a second hand store. It is pale yellow with painted flowers on it. On the inside drawer it says "Henry Link". I looked this up, and apparently I bought a nice vintage piece from the fifties for $22.

I want to distress/paint it cream and leave the painted flowers on there, but change the colors of them. Do I have something that might be valuable, and if I paint it will that destroy the value? The hardware was very ornate, but most of it is missing, so I will have to replace that also.

By Joan from Tequesta, FL

Answers

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesAugust 17, 2009
Porcelain Sink
Refinishing an Old Porcelain Sink
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
Wood Veneer Drawer
Refinishing Wood Veneer Furniture
🎉
🎄