AntiquesCollectibles

Refinishing a Henry Link Cabinet

I just purchased an old cabinet at a second hand store. It is pale yellow with painted flowers on it. On the inside drawer it says "Henry Link". I looked this up, and apparently I bought a nice vintage piece from the fifties for $22.

I want to distress/paint it cream and leave the painted flowers on there, but change the colors of them. Do I have something that might be valuable, and if I paint it will that destroy the value? The hardware was very ornate, but most of it is missing, so I will have to replace that also.

By Joan from Tequesta, FL

Answers