How do you remove the smell of rotten tomatoes?

I had a bag of tomatoes and I forgot about them on my kitchen counter. There was no room left in the refrigerator, so I figured they would be fine. After a couple of days, I noticed a rotten, foul smell. I put them in the garbage, and I cleaned the countertops and everything that was around it with an all purpose cleaner and then old dutch.

It's been over a month and no matter how many times I clean, the smell will not disappear. And... fruit flies will not go away! Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks!
Leah

Answers

Have you tried putting vinegar on the area and letting it sit for a while? Vinegar seems to work well with a variety of cleaning problems.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenOctober 3, 2005
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Storing Oranges, Canning Oranges, A bunch of bright round oranges.
Storing Oranges
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 4:35:33 PM on 10.0.1.97 in 798 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.