KitchenCleaning

How do you remove the smell of rotten tomatoes?

I had a bag of tomatoes and I forgot about them on my kitchen counter. There was no room left in the refrigerator, so I figured they would be fine. After a couple of days, I noticed a rotten, foul smell. I put them in the garbage, and I cleaned the countertops and everything that was around it with an all purpose cleaner and then old dutch.

It's been over a month and no matter how many times I clean, the smell will not disappear. And... fruit flies will not go away! Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks!
Leah

Answers

Have you tried putting vinegar on the area and letting it sit for a while? Vinegar seems to work well with a variety of cleaning problems.