Browsing: Softening Granulated Sugar

Softening Powdered Sugar

I bought bulk powdered sugar and stored it in plastic containers. Now it is hard and difficult to use. Can I use a piece of bread to soften it like I do with brown sugar? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

By Scrappinmom30 from Ohio

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

How should I store my C&H Granulated Sugar and C&H Powdered Sugar? Moisture makes granulated sugar hard and lumpy. Once this happens, there is no way to adequately restore it. Always store granulated sugar in a covered container in a cool, dry area. Good luck.

I don't know any tricks to soften it. Have you tried one of those clay disks that you can use with brown sugar? One idea might be to try using a hand grater to get it back down to a powdery texture.... You might try a blender or spice/coffee ginder etc., but I am not sure what that would do to it (at the higher speed than manual). You could always try with a small sample and see what happens!

Softening Granulated Sugar
Softening Granulated Sugar
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesMarch 29, 2009
A sugar mill making powdered sugar.
How to Make Confectioners (Powdered) Sugar
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 8:54:11 PM on 10.0.1.157 in 720 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.