Share Crafts

Urine Odor on a Tile Floor

How do I get the smell of animal urine off tile flooring?

By Kayr

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By metroplex 82 416 06/07/2010

I don't know about cat urine, but someone on this site recommended Suave Juicy Green Apple shampoo to get human urine smells off and out of ceramic tile around a commode.

I don't have ceramic tile, but bought it anyway in case we get them someday.

I don't know where you live but here are the details for Suave:
distributed by Unilever
Chicago, Illinois 60601, USA

Lots of luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Urine Odor on a Tile Floor

How do I remove urine odor from my kitchen tile floor?

RE: Urine Odor on a Tile Floor

I discovered Odoban at our Sam's Club. It really does a good job on most all pet odors. (09/03/2006)

RE: Urine Odor on a Tile Floor

Vinegar is the easiest, cheapest way to neutralize urine odors. I have yet to find a surface it doesn't work on, but must admit I never had a problem removing the smell from tile with plain soap and water. Good luck. (10/02/2006)

By Barbie

RE: Urine Odor on a Tile Floor

I have tried most of the enzyme/bacteria products on urine and found them to be very sensitive to detergent. They will not work where I have previously used detergent to clean an area. OdorXit concentrate on the other hand is not sensitive to detergent and works really well on cement, grout, and ceramic tile. (05/15/2007)

By exring