Crepe Myrtles Have Aphids

I have crepe myrtles and it's looks like the aphids are getting the best of them. Some are affected and some are not. The ones that are, are all in the same area. What should I use to get rid of them?

Also, everything is blooming, and some of the other crape myrtles are blooming, but not the the three in question. I also have grasshoppers that are in my yard. I bought some "Seven". I haven't used it yet, will it work on the aphids as well? I know to be careful, because we don't want to kill the good insects. Thank you.

By Justdottie from Lincoln, CA

Sometimes you can use the hose with a pretty forceful sprayer nozzle, and actually wash them awy. Or another thing to try that has worked for me for aphids on my tomatoes is to fill a sprayer bottle with water, add a couple spoons of dish detergent, and spray the plants. Be sure to spray both tops and bottoms of the leaves. It usually takes about 3 or 4 applications to get rid of them.

Harlean from Arkansas

Aphids on a rose bud.
Getting Rid of Aphids
Home and Garden Pest Control AphidsMay 4, 2009
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Growing a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Growing a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Close up image of an aphid on pink rose petals
Getting Rid of Aphids on Roses
Pruning a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Pruning a Crepe Myrtle Tree