Using Sticky Tape for Aphids

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts

A plant covered in aphids.If you need to get rid of aphids and, like me, don't like using pesticides on plants (especially food plants), your options are usually either to try spraying with soap or to squish them with your fingers. Neither of these options are very pleasant. Here is another solution which you might like better.

Use any sticky tape (I use packing tape) and wind some around your hand with the sticky side outermost. Then gently pat the plant to remove the aphids. Don't forget the underside of the leaves.

Although I haven't tried, I think maybe a sticky lint roller would do the job too

A roll of tape next to a plant.

Wrapping tape around your hand, next to a plant.

Aphids stuck to the tape.

Home and Garden Pest Control AphidsJuly 10, 2017
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Sticky-Tape-for-Aphids.html