Gas Smell In Garage

I spilled a half gallon of gasoline in the garage. I put kitty litter on it to absorb the fluid and then swept it up. How do I get the smell out of it?

Susan from Cedar Rapids, IA

Hello Susan,

Talk about a small world ... I was born in Cedar Rapids! The following is a link to a website that says to use either liquid detergent or the other powedered laundry type ... have never tried either ... but you never know --- might just do the trick! And remember: - Keep gasoline in small quantities only and in a proper, tightly sealed container labeled "gasoline." Never store gasoline in a garage with an appliance that contains a pilot light.

--- MATT (now in New Hampshire)

Here's the link: ... nstructions-clean-up-asap-27224.html

Gas spilled on kitchen tile and is very strong, how can we clean this up?

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsSeptember 25, 2006
Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
garage sale
Preparing for a Garage Sale