Tartaric Acid to Clean Brass, Silver, and Copper

To clean brass, silver, and copper, mix 1 teaspoon tartaric acid with 5 pints of warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Stir till tartaric acid dissolves. Use plastic gloves to protect your hands. Immerse items 2-5 minutes. Tartaric acid can be found in the spice department of grocery stores or you may have some in your own cupboard!

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

Is tartaric acid the same as cream of tartar? I've never seen tartaric acid in the spice dept of my grocery store.

I am thinking the same thing SavingGrace. I googled it and it said a form of it is cream of tartar but I don't know if you could use it as Duckie-do said.

Cleaning Metal
Cleaning Metal
Home and Garden Cleaning MetalDecember 2, 2010
silver tea pot
Determining Silver Plate vs. Sterling Silver
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
A car battery.
Cleaning Up Battery Acid
Brass Buddha figurine on floral fabric.
Homemade Brass Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄