Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cheap and Easy Party Appetizer Ideas

I have a party to go to but I am looking for a good, cheap, easy, fun appetizer to bring?

Cakes from Weedsport, NY

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By SharonS (Guest Post)02/19/2009

1 can Hormel chili
1 block cream cheese
1 bag shredded cheese
1/2 small jar salsa

Mix all in large microwave safe bowl and microwave until all is melted....serve with tortilla chips or fritos!
I always make it for family get togethers and it disappears everytime!

By Kim (Guest Post)01/01/2009

Block of velveeta or cheaper brand, can of diced green chilies, can of hot rotel or cheaper brand, can of mushrooms, can of chopped spinach drained (squeeze drained), can of black beans washed and drained. Dice cheese and mix all other ingredients and melt in microwave stopping to stir often. Serve with tortilla chips.

By Renee (Guest Post)11/26/2008

Take a pound of ground turkey, Brown, stir in 1 jar of cheese dip and 1 jar of salsa. Heat till warm, serve with your favorite chip.

By CV (Guest Post)11/20/2008

Cut flour tortillas into strips, brush with butter, toss with cinnamon and sugar, then bake until light brown and crispy. It's good stuff. For the healthy eater, use egg whites and Splenda.

By Happy Hostest! (Guest Post)03/14/2008

Thanks for the info! I will use some of these ideas for the St Pattys day parade I am hosting!

By Virginia (Guest Post)07/04/2007

I went to a tea party. They had great appetizers. Take a slice of bread. Put vegtable cream cheese on it. cut off crust and cut remaining in 4. Top each square with a slice of cukecumber.

By Sylvia in Saipan (Guest Post)07/04/2007

Buy a package of Little Smokies *little hot dogs), put them in an oven proof casserole, Cover with a good BBQ sauce. Add a couple of good splashes of bourbon or whiskey, mix well and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve as is with toothpicks. This is a true winner Enjoy!

By Cakes (Guest Post)07/03/2007

Thanks for all the great ideas!

By Chris [17]07/03/2007

I make these for everything...and everyone loves them.
Take cream cheese, soften it and add whatever seasonings you like....spread this between layers of bologna and stack...cut into wedge shapes and put thin stick pretzels in them...totally edible and yummy.
You can also "frost" one slice bologna with the cream cheese, roll up and then slice into rounds.

By Fredda (Guest Post)07/03/2007

Think: skewers! People love it when I combine skewers of cubed cold cuts and cheese or a fruit bite selection. The display can be impressive. I usually stick fruit skewers into a halved fruit, such as oranges, grapefruit, or cantelope. Meat and cheese skewers go well with halved vegetables, such as squashes or cabbage. Skewers come in long and medium lengths, so judge accordingly. Also, skewers serve much faster than single items on a platter, so it helps to speed things up on a buffet table.

By Daniela (Guest Post)07/03/2007

Phyllo dough - one layer. Saute frozen chopped spinach with garlic. Let cool. Spread thin layer over phyllo dough. Cover with another layer of phyllo. Bake at 350 until golden brown. This always a big hit at family get togethers. ENJOY!

By Mary Koehler [8]07/03/2007

CRACKER SNACKS
1 pkg oyster crackers
1/2 cup veg oil
1 pkg (or 1/4 cup) original ranch dressing mix

Pour oil over crackers in bowl with lid,
sprinkle with dressing mix.
Mix up by turning,or shaking container. Let set few hours before using so all oil is absorbed.
I buy the dressing mix in bulk at SAMS, and is much cheaper than individual pkgs.

By Graycrab (Guest Post)07/03/2007

One everyone likes is
1 Can Bean & Bacon Soup
1 Cup sour cream.
! Cup shredded cheddar
Mix together and micro a few minutes.
Serve with Nachos

I usually have to double or even triple it for just my family.

By MDM in WA (Guest Post)07/03/2007

dont know about fun...but relatively cheap
...most everyone likes these....
deviled eggs...get the small ones..they are cheaper.
Top with relish...bacon bits, whatever floats your boat.

By MARY eLLEN [1]07/01/2007

I was just at a baby shower yesterday and someone brought this dip. Everyone was crowded around the dip and nachos and it was gone within about a 1/2 hr. If you do this, bring A LOT!

By Diane [1]07/01/2007

I made a taco dip for a recent get together and it was almost gone by the time it was my turn in line!! (This isn't "finger food", BUT it's cheap, quick and easy to prepare and a lot of people like it.) I mix a large can of fat free refried beans with a couple tablespoons of taco seasoning and spread in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Then you can add layers with whatever you have--I use fat free sour cream, chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, a bit of salsa if you have it. I also put some chopped onion on it. Then all you need is a bag of tortilla chips and you are done! I hope this helps!