Garden: Dog Friendly Yard

I have made a massive fire pit, surrounded by round flower beds in the middle of the yard. When the winter and fall arrive, I cover the flower beds with an old soft blanket and tuck the blanket under the rocks. I have placed some of the green astro-turf type of outside carpet on the ground by the gardens, the dogs to lay on on sunny days.

I shake them out every so often. The dogs have really loved them! They like to run circles around the flower beds racing as fast as their legs can take them, especially the little ones, and the bigger ones recline on the astro-turf. Also, not shown in the picture is an arch I made out of an old swimming noodle from last summer, fastened into place by being placed over two branches. I am not sure if the dogs care, but I get a kick out of seeing it!

I had a yard that was full of weeds, so this was a recycling project to use all recycled materials, except for the stepping stones I bought with change at Walmart. I have barely had to mow at all this year. The dogs are happy and so am I.

Source: My own desperation was the mother of this invention, LOL

By Robyn Fed from Hampton TN

Hi There, here is the yard. I see the pic didn't go through that I sent the first time!

Here is Gracie, she was the little lady that arrived here in the back of a car of a concerned citizen. She was emaciated. So we fed her lots of good food, like macaroni mixed with a hamburger meat mixed with total cereal and vitamin drops, and she gained weight so nicely. She is such a sweet little lady, we named her Gracie. She had a stick lodged in the roof of her mouth and couldn't chew. I guess someone saw that and thought she was sick and dumped her. She is our angel!

They keep all their toys on the astro turf and they love it so much!

Sorry for posting this twice and the dog above is Shadow and not Gracie, oh well.<3

Pets DogsDecember 2, 2009
Two dogs looking out the door of a wooden doghouse.
Training a Dog to Use a Dog House
Environmentally Friendly Packaging Material, A box filled with packing peanuts.
Environmentally Friendly Packaging Material
A gnome in a garden.
Preventing Yard and Garden Theft
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
🎄
🍂