Pizza Box Stain on Furniture

We put a hot pizza box on our wood coffee table and now we have white heat stains on the table. Does anyone know of anything that can remove these stains? I appreciate your assistance.

Susie from Fernandina Beach, FL

I have never tried it but I heard that toothpaste

Give it a try.

October 12, 2011 Flag

My son placed a hot pizza box on my wood table. Now there's a white square on the wood finish; how do I get it off?

By Sarah

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We have had this happen a number of times with our table. We think it's the wood polish we use turning white because it's just on the surface. Usually we just used the green side of a scrubby sponge and a little elbow grease. Obviously, you don't want to damage the finish on your table, but use a little pressure when you scrub and you should see it come right off.

I had that happen when my mother set her hot tea cup on my dining room wood table. The heat penetrates the surface of the shine finish, very, very hard to remove without a professional to do it, but there are some things you can try. Google search and get the ideas. Some say to rub white toothpaste into the area, although it didn't work for me.

July 20, 2007 Flag

I have a mark on my dark wood coffee table that I am unable to remove. We placed a hot pizza box on the table and it has left a white and gray mark. I have tried cleaners and lemon juice but nothing has worked. Any suggestions about how to fix this would be appreciated.

Shelley from Australia

Pizza Box Stain on Furniture

A wet glass stain is often grey and can be removed with cigarette ashes and spit. Sounds gross, but it works. Work it in with your finger leave a while and wipe off. (05/16/2006)

By Siri

Pizza Box Stain on Furniture

Try spraying some Awesome on the stain, let sit a few minutes and then wipe off, may need a little bit of elbow grease and/or a 2nd application of Awesome. I have found Awesome removes a lot of things I didn't think possible, even permanent marker from my coffee table that dd thought she could "decorate". Good Luck! (05/17/2006)

By jmz2005

Pizza Box Stain on Furniture

I use mayonnaise, which is simple, inexpensive and, most importantly, effective. The oil in it works wonders. Rub just a little into the area with the stain and let it sit for awhile and then buff it off. I have been doing this for years and it works great! I also use it for glass stains as well. (07/03/2006)

By mpfickling

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJuly 20, 2007
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Man Kneading Pizza Dough
Freezing Pizza Dough
Rollong pin on round of pizza dough.
Biscuit Pizza Dough Recipes
A woman kneading pizza dough.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipes