Christmas Gifts Using Dried Milk

I have recently found myself with an amazing amount of dried milk. Being a person who believes that any food can be used, I am on a quest for Christmas gifts I can make with dried milk. I believe I have exhausted the hot chocolate or mocha recipes gifts. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks and God Bless-

Beverley

Hi,

I'm a diabetic and love coffee creamer. Coffee creamer is full of sugar products. I tried pure dried milk first but it clumped, then I tried cutting it with half of each, then I tried about one forth creamer and three forths dried milk. That works very well. I fill up extra bottles when I make a batch. I figure I can use a lot in my coffee and not feel guilty, and I'm getting calcium more now since I don't drink milk.

I know this isn't a Christmas hint but thought you might like it since you have so much.

When I ran out I ended up buying more at Sam's Club, that was the cheapest I could get.

Check out the achives on this website as thier are some great bath salt recipes using dried milk. Milk leaves the skin feeling soft and silky and if you add a few drops of chocolate essential oil it is like taking a bath in chocolate.

Most bread machine recipes use dried milk. My guess is that recipients with bread machines would enjoy ready to go bread mixes

I'm sorry I cant remember where I saw this recipe, so I don't have the measurements, but you can mix it with powdered cheese (at most groceries in bulk), to make a mac-n-cheese sauce, or possibly with parmesean to make a white sauce.

A short search on google for "jar recipes" or "jar gifts" brings you tons of sites that have delicious drinks for Chrsitmas gift giving. I made some this year that were great! (of course I had to sample them first) ;)

Read once it is very good to bath in.....make a Cleopatra bathhamper for ladies.

There are homemade soap recipes that use dried milk also.

Hi

Here is a great recipe for Cream of Anything soup which uses dried nonfat skim powedered milk... And if your dried milk is full cream, it wouldn't matter either.

Healthy Cream of Soup/Casserole Sauce Mix

(Use instead of canned cream soup)

2 cups nonfat dry milk powder

3/4 cup cornstarch or clear gel

1/4 cup instant reduced sodium chicken or beef bouillon granules

1/2 teaspoon dried crushed thyme (optional)

1/2 teaspoon dried crushed basil (optional)

1/4 teaspoon ground white or black pepper

Directions: Combine ingredients. Store in an airtight container.

To prepare as a substitute for one can of condensed cream soup in recipes, stir together 1/3 cup dry mix and 1 1/4 cup water in a saucepan or microwave cooking dish. Cook and stir until thickened. Mix makes the equivalent of nine cans condensed soup.

As you plan your company dishes for this holiday season, why don't you mix up a batch of casserole sauce mix and cook up a healthy holiday meal. By sharing your healthy version of the family's favorite dishes, you just might encourage other family members to try the casserole sauce mix too. Of course, you could always mix up a batch and give it as a gift using a recipe card as a gift tag.

By the way, I didn't use the pepper in my batch because my children don't like pepper in anything...

THis is what was saved in my email recipe folder. I should actually save it on my hard drive, but with so many weeks until Christmas, it's not going to happen.

Hope this helps.

Bev in Australia

Buy some clear tree ornaments and fill it with coco powder, powdered milk and maybe some dehydrated marshmallows. Good coco and an ornament to keep :)

Powdered Milk
Using Powdered Milk
Food and Recipes Recipes Convenience MixesNovember 27, 2004
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🎉
🎄