Deeli's Spicy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Spice up those boring grilled cheese sammies ;-)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or, mayonnaise lovers, yes you can use mayo
- 4 slices thinly sliced sourdough bread
- Very thin slices cheddar cheese, enough for one layer on bread
- Very thin slices Monterrey jack cheese, enough for one layer on bread
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 very small jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped (or 1 Tbsp. diced canned)
Heat a large skillet over low heat. Spread butter or mayonnaise on to one side of two slices of the bread. Place both pieces spread side down in the skillet. Lay slices of cheese on each one and top with slices of tomato and sprinkle with jalapenos.
Spread butter or mayonnaise on one side of the remaining slices of bread and place on top, buttered side up. Once the bread facing down in the skillet is toasted golden brown; flip, lightly press with spatula and fry until golden brown on the flipped side.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
December 10, 20090 found this helpful
I bet this would be good even without the Jalapenos!
December 11, 20090 found this helpful
I enjoy these receipes. They are easy to make.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 18, 2016 at 3:07:04 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us