Easy Microwave Pudding
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 large or 3 medium egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Put cornstarch, eggs, sugar and milk in a blender, blend for about a minute until smooth. Pour into a 2-qt. microwave bowl. Cook in microwave on High for a total of 8-10 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes with a wire wisk, until thickened. Remove from microwave; stir in butter & vanilla. Pour into desired container (individual servings or pie shell), let cool.
- Chocolate: add 3 Tbsp. cocoa with the sugar.
- Banana: Slice 1-2 bananas into thickened pudding.
- Butterscotch: Use brown sugar instead of white.
- Berry: Add favorite sliced berries to pudding after slightly cooled.
Source: This recipe came from my mom--used regularly at our house. I've never seen such an easy way to make pudding, and it's SOOO good!
By Kim from Crawford, CO
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 27, 2016 at 12:15:25 PM on 10.0.2.48 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us