Growing: Fuchsias

Is a fuchsia plant a bulb that I can replant next year? I bought a very large fuchsia that was loaded with blooms. It was doing great, and now the flowers are fading badly. The plant is only 2 weeks old. What's wrong? Thanks.

Audrey

They need regular watering. Do a search on Fuchsias and you'll see that this is recommended.

Fuchsias are such beautiful plants. They don't like the hot sun. They may be started by what I call "slips". Get a start or slip by taking a piece off of a stem that has bud or stem bump. I know this sounds funny but I don't know what to call these things. Forgive me. Anyway make sure that the stem, I would take 3 or 4 starts has the little bump about an 2 inches or less from the bottom of stem. Place in a jar, glass whatever of water. The little bump is what roots so make sure that is under water. Change the water occasionally do not let it get cloudy or smelly. Always check to see if you need more water in glass. Roots should grow from the bump. You can also start them with a root hormone and put them directly in soil. Have fun and good luck

Don't know where you live. I love fuchsias. They like a cooler, slightly breezy area, with good moisture. Don't let them dry out, they get very sad if you do. Regular fertilizer & regular clipping or they get leggy. Only filtered sun or for a short time in the morning.White fly & aphids can be a problem. They are not a bulb.

I thought I had over watered my fuchsia, so I put a slow fan on to dry out soil. For 4 days I never touched that plant,and the leaves are still hanging all wilty. If I cut all those [dead] branches off. Will it eventually come back? Or should I just put it in [file 13 ]. Thank you so much. Audrey

Fuchsia Blooms
Growing Fuchsias
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJune 5, 2009
Half of a honeydew melon and slices.
Growing Honeydew Melons
Growing your own wedding flowers.
Growing Your Own Wedding Flowers
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
🎄
🍂