Sale Items That Have Run Out

One day I was at the grocery store with my daughter and noticed that the coffee that they had on special (at an especially great price) was all sold out. I commented to my daughter that it was good that I had bought some a few days earlier.

My daughter, the frugal expert in the family, then went to the service desk and came back with several rainchecks for the coffee. I will get the same great price on coffee well into the next year!

Now I make an effort to notice when specials on any items I use are out of stock and take the few minutes to go to the service desk and get some rainchecks for them. That way I can save even more than just buying during the sale.

By Diane from Paradise, PA

If that happens again...Bring your receipt into the store and usually because you just bought it at a higher price in the past few days... they will refund you the difference. You may not even have to bring the item back into the store with you. Let them know that if you had known that it was going to be on sale that you would have waited and purchased it then.

Great idea to share Diane. I was thrilled to see your post!! Keep up the smart shopping! Your friend Carol Sand lake MI

Sometimes at our local stores, they have a 'sales display' as well as the items that are on sale, their on place on the shelves & can be found there any day or time, you shop. So if you find the sales display empty of the specific sale item you were looking to purchase, be sure to always check the regular place on the shelf as well. They might not really be out of the sales item, as it might appear. Better yet, always find a stock clerk, & ask if they have more of the sales items in the back room.

'Diane from Paradise', Isn't that lovely?

Marg - from England...

I think most stores around here do not give you "several" rain checks but only one. But.....I will check into that.

I do this all of the time,most grocery stores, Walgreen's even Home Depot will give you a rain check if item isn't available. It's great they ask how many do you want? That's when I stock up.

Thanks for sharing! Sometimes the things we do, we forget it can be a blessing for others.

Isn't it great when you save,and its a surprise? Enjoy, always ask from now on... all they can say is "no".

Blessings!

The powers that be at Family Dollar aren't that generous. At least not in my little town. They send out flyers on Wed. or Thurs. that start on Monday! Then when you go, their response is, oh, we're out of that. When questioned about the ad and why it is sent AFTER the starting date, their response then is, "That comes from another source". No other reason and no rain check given! This happens every week that they have a sales flyer sent out.

Grand Bay AL

In my previous post, I should have stated, "the sales started on the PREVIOUS Monday, before I receive the sales flyer" Thanks

Budget & Finance ShoppingJanuary 5, 2006
A hole in a pair of pantyhose.
Fixing a Run in Your Stockings
Furniture Being Sold at Estate Sale
Having an Estate Sale
garage sale
Preparing for a Garage Sale
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
🎄