Browsing: Remedies for Itchy Ears

Relief for Itchy Ears

I have a terrible itch deep inside my ear canal and ear drum. I went to the ENT but he insisted my ears were fine. What can I do about this itch? I've tried peroxide with no results.

By Chelz from IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have had the same issue for years. It seems to worsen when I get shampoo in my ears during a shower. It helps some to take a Qtip dipped in alcohol and gently clean the ear canal.

Hairsprays, shampoos, etc. can all cause this itching. Put cotton balls in your ears before shampooing or spraying hair with any product. That should reduce the itching episodes :)

I have battled allergies for years. It sounds like you might be having some trouble along that line, too. Every year when I go to my allergist, she asks me if my ears ever itch. Might be something to check into. Good luck!

Oh my, I had such a time with my ears itching. I had been using peroxide and alcohol on q-tips, tea tree oil-anything I could think of. Finally I asked my doctor on one of my routine visits. He was quite concerned with my use of peroxide and alcohol as he said that would damage the ear canal-dry it out-the tea tree oil he hadn't really heard of! **LOL**

However, what he "prescribed" was EAR~DRY by ERO it's for swimmers and to get water out of the ear! It really is alcohol but has glycerin in it to keep from drying out the ear. I've used it for years now and It is wonderful! You use it as drops and it fills the ear canal. I put kleenex or a piece of cotton in to absorb it as it will run out and get kinda messy otherwise. I use it after a shower, or just when my ears are bothering me-but that is very rare now. Except during cold season. I wish you luck. Oh, get it at Wal-Mart, but I'm sure it is available elsewhere, too.

I'm surprised your doctor didn't tell you that its allergies. Take an allergy pill or even half a pill and the itching will go away. I doubt that you have swimmer's ear which someone else has mentioned. That is a yeast infection and should be treated by a doctor. Your doctor would have told you if you had this. Good luck

Tea-tree oil on a q-tip. Don't use the pharmaceutical strength though, that's a bit strong and it bothers my ears. I get the Hollywood brand.

I don't know about anyone else, but if what you use only works as long as you use it & if you stop, it comes back.. It's not the answer. I use to have horrible itchy ears. OMG. I went insane. I used everything I could think of & then I used a q-tip to scratch until I bled. Pain was better than itching. Then I got a new doctor & he said I had an over-growth of candida, cause of other things that were wrong. Well, he treated me for candida & guess what, the itching stopped. Nothing in my ear ever worked, but taking the candida cure, did. Candida loves close, warm, protected, damp places. It's a perfect breading ground; sinus passages are another. A lot of people being treated for sinus issues, are really suffering with candida over growth.

You might try oregano oil for a bit It can kill candida. The thing is, if you've got it in your ear, then it's else where & you need to address it. Don't wait.

Pls do i need to add water to oregano oil before puting it into my ear

Sounds like allergies to me. I have the same thing and take Zyrtec when the allergies act up. It's the only thing that would do the trick for me. Grandma Jan

Absolute cure! After years of hell, I have an absolute cure. Intense ear itching, wetness, smelly wax, onion skin tearing off. Tried everything on blog including Zymox, dog ear mite, cortizones, 4 doctors. Serious ear and facial infections. Temp relief from Vicks Vapo Rub in ears. Permanent cure from triamcinolone acetonide ointment usp, 0.5% distributed by Perrigo of Allegan, MI, USA 49010. Hallelujah I'm saved!

I have pinpointed my itchy ears to an intollerance to legumes. Beans, peas and sometimes corn--especially corn starch. Also if I eat too much peanut butter. I tried to go veg once and replace my meat protein with beans but, my ears ended up so weepy, itchy and crusty that I had to stop. My mother also suffered from weepy, itchy ears all her life and never figured it out. She came from a large southern family that ate losts of beans and peas daily. Try eliminating them from your diet for a week and see if things improve then, add them back in and see what happens. Check bread for soy ingredients as well. I can still eat them but, not everyday, just a few times a week--spaced out. Good luck.

A woman with itchy ears.
Remedies for Itchy Ears
Health & Beauty AdviceDecember 15, 2009
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
Chihuahua puppy
Puppy's Ears Aren't Standing Up
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
A woman blowing her nose, suffering from allergies.
Remedies for Seasonal Allergies
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 4:26:11 PM on 10.0.2.107 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.