Kira (Tabby)

Kira is a 3 years old Tabby. I was looking for a collar for our dog at PetSmart when my husband came running over saying he found our next furry family member. PetSmart has space for Guardian Angel Animal Rescue with adoptable cats and kittens.

After losing our two cats to cancer within a month of one another, I never thought we would be ready to have another cat. But over a year later something about Kira sucked us right in. We filled out the adoption papers right then and there, and Kira came to her fur-ever home the next day.

Kira plays mom to our two other rescues. She runs in front of me when I am walking, and then plops down exposing her belly to be rubbed, and runs through the house like lightning.

Kira has seven toes on each front paw, and six on each back toe.

By Bordermix

She is so beautiful. What a coy look she has in this photo.

Barbara

Thank you. :)

What a very pretty girl she it, her markings & color are fabulous!

What an adorable sweet face. She may be part Hemmingway from Key West, FL. Those cats are all Polydactyl or "mitten-footed". We were in Key West for a couple of years back in the 50's and we "met" hundreds of Hemmingways. Every single one of them had personality plus. They were playful, loving and wonderfully entertaining.

Everyone around the hotel where we lived fed them. As far as I know, they were just "neighborhood cats", but feral was the last word I'd ever have used to describe any one of them. Key West was "their town" and they knew it.

They acted like goodwill ambassadors for the city, and were considered "residents" of any place they wanted to be. Several of the mother cats gave birth in the hotel lobby's corners, and they were excellent mothers.

Your Kira may have family ties to those very same kitties. :-) Wouldn't that be something?

Thanks for sharing such a pretty girl with us.

Pookarina

I just can't get enough of her cute face!

Photos PetsJanuary 13, 2011
Tabby Cat
Tabby Breed Information and Photos
Siamese Mix
Siamese Mix Cat Photos
🎄