Hiding a Large Mole

I have this large "beauty mark" on my right cheek. I've had it most of my life. It grows hair and I'm often teased about it. I need some ideas to make it look lighter. The picture was taken underwater and it's the only one I have.

By Lydia from Erie, PA

It is much larger than what is normally thought to be a beauty mark. I believe you have a nevus (mole). See a dermatologist who can offer suggestions on treating it. If you don't want to see a doctor, there is a waterproof concealing makeup called Dermablend. Google for more info.

If you have any kind of health insurance, do try to see a dermatologist. You may be able to have it removed under your insurance, as they often recommend moles be removed so that they won't cause problems later. It may cost you little or nothing; and it can be done with minimal scarring.

I'm thinking your insurance should cover for the removal of this if it's in the way when you brush/comb your hair or cleanse your face causing irritation. Otherwise, it would be considered as a cosmetic removal and you'd have to pay for all of it.

I would just put makeup on it unless your Dr thinks it's safe to remove it. The old saying is, do not cut a mole, good luck.

Personally, I would find a very good surgical dermatologist and have it removed. Plus have them do a biopsy after removal for safety sake.

You can use Derma Blend, a professional makeup concealer, or Mediderm. Ask a salesperson in a good dept store, or go online to a professional makeup store in Hollywood.

Thank you all for your advice, I've had it checked out before, it actually is not a mole it is a beauty mark. I am allowed to get it removed but I'm very young and deathly afraid. Lydia

I have never used it but Dermablend is something I would try. I see that a few people on here have recommended it. I know that people use it to hide tattoos.. so I would think it would be good. My daughter has one like that on her stomach. It looks like the same thing. I would also say have it checked.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceFebruary 5, 2010
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
girl looking at a pimple
Hiding a Pimple
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
Money hidden in a china sugar pot.
Hiding Valuables