Bible Cake

Probably the last place you'd expect to find a cake recipe is in the Bible. The ingredients are there in its pages. You'll enjoy hunting up the references and the mixing is simple. It's a delicious fruit cake.

Start here: Reference No. 1: Judges 5:25 "She brought forth butter in a lordly dish."

1. 1 lb. Judges, 5:25 (last clause)
  2. 1 lb. Jeremiah, 6:20
  3. 1 Tbsp. I Samuel, 14:25
  4. 3 of Jeremiah, 17:11
  5. 1 lb. I Samuel, 30:12
  6. 1 lb. Nahum 3:12, chopped
  7. 1 cup Numbers 17:8, blanched and chopped
  8. 4 cup I Kings 4:22
  9. Season to taste with II Chronicles 9:9
  10. A pinch of Leviticus 2:13
  11. 1 tsp. Amos 4:5
  12. 3 Tbsp. Judges 4:19

Note: Leaven means baking powder.

Beat 1, 2 and 3 to cream; add No. 4, one at a time, still beating, then 5, 6 and 7. Beat again. Add 8, 9, 10 and 11, having already mixed them together, and lastly, 12. Bake in a slow over at 275 degree F for 1 hour.

Hint about II Chronicles: I use clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger or I use allspice to taste.

Source: I've had this recipe for over 30 years and found it in an old church cookbook.

By Carolyn from Nashville, TN

Thank-you so much for sharing. I am sure it will bless me and all those I pass it on to. May God bless you and yours MIGHTILY!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesNovember 12, 2007
Religious themed cottage cheese Easter basket.
Bible School Craft Ideas
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
A young girl baking.
Making a Bible Cake