Himalayan Peeing Everywhere

I have two himalayan cats, both mature, one male, one female--neither "fixed." the idea is that we want kittens. We have multiple cats and multiple litter boxes. The male cat pees everywhere. I don't think its just spray, as there is generally a huge puddle of it somewhere. I know this is normal if an un-neutered kitty is sexually frustrated, but he shouldn't be--so what's up?

WHITLOSA from GRAYSON, KY

PLEASE have your cats fixed. There are too many homeless animals waiting for a good home in animal shelters or animal control facilities. When you produce your kittens, the people are buying your kittens while the animals in the shelters are being put to sleep because no one is going to the shelters to adopt them.

Go to: http://www.friendsofanimals.org/spaying/cover.html

My mom has a 20 lb. male himalayan named Pussers. He is quite the "cat", He acts more like a human than most humans, ha ha ha. When he started peeing, in the clothes , on the carpet, and everywhere else, she took him to the vet. Apparently Himalayans are very prone to UTIs and he has to be kept on Science Diet CD. He get crystals and very small stone very easily. It got so bad once he almost died, his urinary tract was completely blocked, that was a vet bill. So you might have him tested for urinary infection and crystal. Hope this is of some help. Good Luck.

I agree, fix your cats. Our shelters have so many cats, they don't know what to do with them.

I have had cats my entire life... so I completely understand your frustration and mess with cat urine! If you have ruled out the possibility of behavioral issues... your kitty could be sick! That is one of the first ways a cat will communicate to you that all is not well. It could be something as simple as a bladder infection that needs an antibiotic, but your vet will be able to help with diagnosing the specific problem. One of my cats, an adult female mixed-breed, had so many bouts of inappropriate urination, that our vet switched her to a lower-protein food. Sometimes when cats have too much protein in their diet, crystals can form in their kidneys and/or bladder. Switching food wasn't too expensive... I buy Purina One Urinary Tract formula. We call it "no pee-pee food!" My other cats can eat the same food, and hopefully it will help prevent the same problem developing in them as the years go by. Good luck!

your cat may have diabetes. a visit to the vet for bloodwork may solve this problem.

I had a silver persian once named Sebastian and he nearly ruined my apartment with his constant peeing. I didn't know what was wrong with him, and later discovered he had chronic uti's - and that pure bred cats are more prone to these infections.

Pets CatsJune 14, 2006
Himalayan Cat
Himalayan Breed Information and Photos
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 26, 2016 at 7:53:17 AM on 10.0.0.166 in 986 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.