FurnitureCleaning

Cleaning a Wood Table That Was Left Outside

I have a wood kitchen table that I placed in my covered porch because of lack of space. During its time outside, the table became covered in dirt. I am unsure as to how to clean this before I give it away. Does anyone have any tips?

Jennifer from Ann Arbor, Michigan

Sweep off excess dust with a paintbrush or soft bristled whisk broom going with the direction of the woodgrain. Wipe again using clean dry cotton cloth (terrycloth) to get closer to the surface. Next, using slightly dampened soft cotton cloths (flannel-teeshirt) go with the grain and continue swiping until all dust is removed. Use an oil furniture polish (not wax) to restore lustre to the wood tabletop.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I will try it immediately.