Reusing Childproof Pill Bottle

Does anyone have any ideas on uses for the brown plastic childproof pill bottle? These are the ones that Wal-Mart uses.

Hobo62 from Tennessee

Are you referring to following picture below?

I have seen people carry coins in these so as not to have to forage for change on public transportation. You can also use them for hand lotion to have in your purse.

Yes, That is the type I'm talking about.

You could use them to keep coins in for parking. I have a Roberson's Spice bottle with R2 coins in the cubby of my car. This means that I always have small change available for parking/newspapers/car guards/whatever.

This tip is for any large pill bottle-it doesn't have to be childproof. Earlier this year my husband had to have surgery. The night before he was to report to the hospital I told him that the doctor had called in a prescription for him. He made a face but once he saw the medication I did get a smile out of him. What I did is make a prescription label on my computer. It was from AlMar's Pharmacy. (combination of our names: Allen and Margaret. The Doctor's name was MizAl (Mrs. Al). Instructions were to take as needed and unlimited re-fills. Then I stuck the label on the bottle and filled it with M&Ms. I did a similiar one for a friend who was having surgery. She is diabetic so instead of M&Ms I filled her pill bottle with sugar free jelly beans. I joked with my nephew who is a pharmacy student that I didn't have to go to college for 6 years...I got my Pharmacy Degree at Wal Mart!

I use them for storing q-tips in them, because normally the q-tip box opens then they go all over the floor. this way I just take one out and the others stay in.

good luck

I use these bottles in my tool box for different sizes of nails, screws and picture hangers.

Child proof pill bottles are great for keeping craft items neatly stored. Beads, buttons, needles, etc, all have a way of getting lost at the bottom of a box or drawer. Using a pill bottle keeps them accessible yet out of the reach of small kids.

These are exactly what I was referring to. Thank you all so much. I'll have to tell my hubby about the nuts and bolts. He said,"What in the world are you going to do with all those bottles" Hope you have a happy day. Rainbow

I use these to take lotions on weekends away. Although many hotels have shampoos etc in the room this way you know that you won't have an alergy to the product. Also I keep a couple of babywipes in one in the car so that you can freshen up

Better Living Green Living ReusingAugust 9, 2007
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Empty Pill Bottles
Craft Ideas for Used Medicine or Pill Bottles
pill splitter
Splitting Pills
🎄