Cola as Cheap Steak Marinade

My husband is a retired butcher and I am certified in Culinary Arts. Marinades are expensive. Try soaking your beef steak or roast in Cola or Dr. Thunder from Walmart. Cover for 24 hrs. Then season and cook.

Unbelievably tender!

Source: My husband the butcher picked it up in the meat industry many years ago.

By Jeanne from Elysian Fields, TX

I'm going to try this! I usually use Italian dressing and don't add any spices but this sounds interesting. If it makes meat tender sort of makes a person wonder what it does to the inside of a BODY!

I have done this, and it works good. A lady at bi-lo told me this years ago,I ??'ed it.U can not taste the sugar and makes your gravy so dark and rich looking.Makes the meat so tender.

Another way to make unbelievably good beef roasts is to pour a can of coke over a roast, top with onion soup mix and cook on high all day in the crock pot. It's so tender, it falls apart and tastes great.

Does anyone know if it would work with diet cola also? (I'm diabetic.) Just curious as I'd like to try it but not sure if it's the acidity of the pop, the sugar content (or both) that tenderizes the meat? TIA

Look at Chinese Coca Cola Meat tip. www.thriftyfun.com/tf71337712.tip.html

We used coca cola as meat tenderizer in Japan, too.

But Tracy Austin, famous tennis player, said that her sister used to cook hot dogs in coca cola, because she thought they tasted better. This is way before I ever thought about cooking with Coca Cola.

Lamb in Marinade
Marinade Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatMarch 2, 2009
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Coca Cola
Uses for Coca Cola
Cherry Cola
Making Cherry Cola
Cola
Cherry Cola Salad Recipes
🎉
🎄