Marinade Recipes

Lamb in MarinadeMy husband is a retired butcher and I am certified in Culinary Arts. Marinades are expensive. Try soaking your beef steak or roast in Cola or Dr. Thunder from Walmart. Cover for 24 hrs. Then season and cook.

Unbelievably tender!

Source: My husband the butcher picked it up in the meat industry many years ago.

By Jeanne from Elysian Fields, TX

23 More Solutions

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

This recipe is excellent to use to marinate beef, chicken, fish and pork.

This is super easy. A friend told me that if you marinate your poultry/pork/beef etc in ginger ale, not only will you have a tasty result but it also tenderizes even the most tough bargain cuts of meat.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

I am on a cilantro kick this summer and just tried this. I love it as a marinade for grilling kabobs, but it doesn't need to be used only for kabobs!

This is enough marinade for about 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp or skinless chicken any way you choose to grill it.

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts

I love making marinades! Not only do they give meat flavor but also tenderizes meat. You can do this on shopping day before you freeze all your meat, using heavy duty freezer bags. Meat preparation on food shopping day!

Homemade Meat Marinades

Whisk all ingredients together. Taste for seasoning. I use this for a light salad dressing and a meat marinade. It is quite versatile. It doubles easily.

I used to make a wonderful marinade for steak with a couple of ingredients including Vegemite and Sherry. It was on a Vegemite label but I lost this recipe years ago.

I have done a search online, but cannot find any recipes. Does anyone know this recipe?

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

My Papa (Grampa) came here from Niceon, Greece. Lots of foods he taught my Grama to cook had a citrus flavor. I can't afford lamb like they used but this marinade is also excellent with beef, fish, poultry or shrimp.

What are the proportions of acid to oil, etc, in making your own marinade?

Try this super easy marinade. It can be used for chicken, beef, or pork.

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 361 Posts

Mix all ingredients except the salt and pepper in a bowl, then pour into either a container with a lid that seals, or into a zip-lock bag.

Mix together and add meat desired. Marinate in the fridge for 24 hours (turning meat often). Excellent for pork chops...

Even the most "not so tender" cut of meat, such as beef chuck blade can cook so tender you would not know it's chuck. The secret is to marinate the beef chuck over night.

Mix together; marinate overnight. Can reuse.

Even the most "not so tender" cut of meat, such as beef chuck blade can cook so tender you would not know it's chuck.

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 5,887 Posts
This is a great recipe with what I think is almost an Oriental flavor.

Recipe for Soy Sauce Marinade - Combine ingredients. Use to marinate beef, pork, or chicken before grilling or broiling. Makes 1 1/4 cups.

This is better the second day than the first. Makes the meat so tender, great flavor!

Load More
Food and Recipes RecipesJune 26, 2012
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Marinade-Recipes.html