Marinade Recipes

My husband is a retired butcher and I am certified in Culinary Arts. Marinades are expensive. Try soaking your beef steak or roast in Cola or Dr. Thunder from Walmart. Cover for 24 hrs. Then season and cook.

Unbelievably tender!

Source: My husband the butcher picked it up in the meat industry many years ago.

By Jeanne from Elysian Fields, TX

23 More Solutions

This recipe is excellent to use to marinate beef, chicken, fish and pork.

This is super easy. A friend told me that if you marinate your poultry/pork/beef etc in ginger ale, not only will you have a tasty result but it also tenderizes even the most tough bargain cuts of meat.

I am on a cilantro kick this summer and just tried this. I love it as a marinade for grilling kabobs, but it doesn't need to be used only for kabobs! This is enough marinade for about 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp or skinless chicken any way you choose to grill it.

I love making marinades! Not only do they give meat flavor but also tenderizes meat. You can do this on shopping day before you freeze all your meat, using heavy duty freezer bags. Meat preparation on food shopping day!

Homemade Meat Marinades

Whisk all ingredients together. Taste for seasoning. I use this for a light salad dressing and a meat marinade. It is quite versatile. It doubles easily.

I used to make a wonderful marinade for steak with a couple of ingredients including Vegemite and Sherry. It was on a Vegemite label but I lost this recipe years ago. I have done a search online, but cannot find any recipes. Does anyone know this recipe?

My Papa (Grampa) came here from Niceon, Greece. Lots of foods he taught my Grama to cook had a citrus flavor. I can't afford lamb like they used but this marinade is also excellent with beef, fish, poultry or shrimp.

What are the proportions of acid to oil, etc, in making your own marinade?

Try this super easy marinade. It can be used for chicken, beef, or pork.

Mix all ingredients except the salt and pepper in a bowl, then pour into either a container with a lid that seals, or into a zip-lock bag.

Mix together and add meat desired. Marinate in the fridge for 24 hours (turning meat often). Excellent for pork chops...

Even the most "not so tender" cut of meat, such as beef chuck blade can cook so tender you would not know it's chuck. The secret is to marinate the beef chuck over night.

Mix together; marinate overnight. Can reuse.

Even the most "not so tender" cut of meat, such as beef chuck blade can cook so tender you would not know it's chuck.

This is a great recipe with what I think is almost an Oriental flavor.

Recipe for Soy Sauce Marinade - Combine ingredients. Use to marinate beef, pork, or chicken before grilling or broiling. Makes 1 1/4 cups.

This is better the second day than the first. Makes the meat so tender, great flavor!

Combine all ingredients, mix thoroughly. Pour over vegetables to marinate.

I haven't bought any stir-fry or marinades for ages and don't intend to... as I am trying to cook from sratch as much as possible but the only one I have that I can make from scratch is a soy/garlic/sweet stir-fry sauce which I double as a marinade. To be honest, I'm rather tired of using the same one each time I cook marinated steak or stir-fries.

When I see Teriaki sauce and stir fry sauces at the supermarket I often wonder if I could duplicate them at home... but the ingredients are often quite obscure as some of them use artificial flavouring to achieve the taste.

I would appreciate any tried and true recipes any of you may have to achieve these sauces... Please don't use brand names of ingredients as I live in Australia and while we can get these ingredients, it helps if you say what the ingredient is rather than the brand name.

Cheers
Bev in Perth

Answers

By Margie Minard (Guest Post)

Have you ever tried a dry rub on roast chicken or beef??? Just rub the meat with olive oil and then a mixture of equal parts salt, pepper, paprika, and brown sugar and broil over a grill. I can't tell you how wonderful that is!! Also, lemon or lime juice, garlic and parmesan cheese is very good on chicken. Don't use acids too long on chicken before cooking or it will go to mush. I found out the hard way. I wouldn't marinade poultry in acids (sours) any longer than a half an hour before cooking. Beef or pork can marinade a bit longer. Try any salad dressings...they can be very flavorful. Ranch dressing, mixed or dry powder is good on meat and especially in potatoes and in rice!!!! The easiest way to marinade that I've found is to seal the meat and marinade in a zip lock bag. When you are finished, throw away all of the nasty blood and bacteria with the bag. Good luck and God bless.

This is the recipe that I use a lot.
Korean Marinade

1/2 cup soy sauce
4 green onions, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark sesame oil
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 tablespoon grated ginger root
&frac; teaspoon pepper

Mix all together.
I have used this on beef, chicken, pork and shrimp.
On all but shrimp marinade in refrigerator over-night.
Shrimp should only be a few hours. I have cooked these
on the outdoor grill and also on the George Foreman grill.

Load More
Food and Recipes RecipesJune 26, 2012
😷
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Marinade-Recipes.html