In Memory Of Tulip (Shih-tzu)

Tulip was 6 when she passed away. We both knew she was dying. Her cancer was far too aggressive, incurable. I estimated her to pass by December 5th. She died December 30th. She was a shih-tzu. We found each other at a pet store.

In this photo, we're doing our last dance at the beach surf. Look at Tulip's eyes so focused on the position of my foot. See her interest in attempt to copy this dance we are both doing with the right foot.

We shared a mere 6 years of fun, love, compassion, and friendship. Such a smart, always happy, love dog. My forever, favorite, faithful friend. Tulip was so very sick but still danced with me, using the right steps. She will be missed forever but will always be held in my heart as my most precious adventure. Who only wanted to be a hug me, hold me, love me dog. That was the easy part.

By Sandra B. from Montvale. NJ

A heartbreakingly beautiful story of the love you shared with your Tulip. Thank you for sharing her with us. It is truly

amazing how close we can hold a pet when we know they will always be "ours" even after they're gone from us.

I choose to believe in the Rainbow Bridge, and the happy existence they are experiencing while they wait for us.

I am so sorry the two of you had such a short time together, Sandra, and hope you can soon find another pet to share your love with, in honor of your Tulip. There are so many who need you.

Sandra,my heart goes out to you on your loss of Tulip.No matter how long our fur babies are in our lives the loss is devastating to say the least. I agree with Pookarina's Rainbow Bridge. I lost Panda at almost 15 years and knowing she happily romping around with other fur babies who have crossed over brings me some comfort.

Tears are on my face and I'm half blinded with them, but I'm so glad you shared this beautiful story with us, Sandra. I'm reminded that we should always treat every day we have with those we love as though it were maybe our last.

This must have been terribly difficult for you, knowing that she was already getting ready to leave you. A really heartbreaking situation but one we all may have to face someday.

Thank you for the reminder and for sharing Tulip with us.

Shih Tzu
Shih Tzu Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesFebruary 28, 2011
Shih Tzu laying on belly with chin on the ground looking at the camera.
House Training a Shih Tzu
Display Collections In A Memory Box
Making A Memory Box
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt