Looking for Large Easy to Clean Litterbox

I am looking for a big, easy to clean litter box that is not electronic. If I find one deep enough, then it's not large enough. If I find one my cat fits well in, it's not deep enough! I used to have one that had three trays that you would lift out and dump litter, then transfer to the bottom. Anyone know where I can find another one of those or have a better idea?

By Phyllis from IA

My inlaws use those plastic bins minus the lid as litterboxes. They come in all different lengths and depths. They use one that is really intended for under the bed storage.

I have found the most incredible litter box, and I just love it! It's a large box and easily fits my medium-sized cat with room to spare. Here's the link to it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Self-Cl ... -Green/dp/B0002DK2DU/?tag=thrif06-20

I wish I had been the one to invent this thing because you never touch any waste, there's very little smell, and don't use much litter. After the cat uses it, you roll in completely over and the waste falls into a tray, which you pull out, empty (I got a box of diaper bags which work great), and put back in.

I've used dozens of different types of litter boxes and this is the very best!

Wow, that one looks great. I just use a baby plastic bathtub. I may have to change my ways.

Hey, thanks for the info. I have been fighting the electronic for a while now and decided to go back to manual. I got a new electronic first, and it is stuck as much as the old one always was. Lights flashing and full litter-box when I get home from work. I just thought my old one was wearing out. I think my cat is urinating so much more than he used to and it's just too much for the electronic to handle. Do they sell this Omega at Walmart or Target by chance?

I also ordered one of the rock and roll litter boxes as I call it, you set it up then you just roll it throughout the day as you go by it and it separates the litter from the waste, and when you tip it back the waste goes in an easy to empty drawer. However, at this time we have 12 cats, 7 of our own and 5 foster ones. There are a few that are too large to use that one comfortably.

The three pan one that you mentioned used to be sold at Walmart, but what I use for the larger cats is one of those low long under the bed plastic containers. You can use a trash bag as a liner, I usually layer several on so they don't scratch all the way through. My larger cats like this because normally they just back into one and do their business with their front paws on the floor and their hind end in the litter. Sometimes they miss that way, that is why we opted for the longer one for them, but the other one is. There is also a new one out that you just replace a pad at the bottom every week or so, with 12 cats I would have to replace it more than once a day, they are all little "stinkers," hehehe. Anyway, I hope this helps some. I think the catalog I got the litter box from was Dr. Smith and Foster? I think that was the name.

While I was in a restaurant supply store recently I saw the gray bins that you stack dishes in at "bus your own" restaurants. They are very big and sturdy and low enough for a cat to get in. I am going to give it a try as a litter box.

I went to an auto supply store and bought a large drip pan that is used under automobiles when they drain the oil and/or transmission fluid It is 19" x 27" and 5" deep, and has been used for over 10 years and is great.

I use a plastic 30 gallon rectangular tote box, without the lid, and a "U" shape cut out of one end. It's tall, and large enough for my Maine Coon who is 44 inches from nose to tail.

Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 2, 2010
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
toilet trained cat
Toilet Training Your Cat
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
Yellow Lab puppy.
Litterbox Training a Puppy
🎄
🍂