Repurpose Charcoal from Spent Water Filter Cartridges

Category Reusing
This page offers some good suggestions of repurposing the charcoal from your water filter cartridges. One way to use it is to add to your cat's litterbox.

Water filters contain activated charcoal and after mine expire I cut open the cartridge (CAREFULLY with a steak knife) and pour the contents into my cats' litter box to reduce odor. I could also use it in my chicken coop for the same reason.

Donna here again...Just wanted to mention that i actually left the charcoal in the pictured foil pan and placed it in my oven (after cooking dinner) to totally dry the granules out before putting into the litter box, btw!

Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 26, 2020
🐰
🌻
🍀