White Spider Like Web On House Plants

What bug leaves a white spider like web on house plants?

Shaton from Philadelphia, PA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I forgot what they're called but you can get rid of them with rubbing alcohol. Dip a Q-Tip in alcohol and clean the web off. It won't hurt the plant.

These are called spider mites. There is a spray that you can get - I can't remember it (too long since I worked in greenhouse) - and you'll want to put it away from other plants as it will 'spread' to your others. If too far gone the plant will die. If I remember right, the spider sort of drills into the main stem and it can die from this. Good luck.

They are spider mites which are a very common houseplant insect. The chemical control that can be used is called Safer Soap and can be purchased anywhere with a garden center. You can also use an organic horticultural oil such as Neem Oil. However, if you have children or pets and do not want to use an insecticide, you can also bring your plant outside and spray it fairly hard with your garden hose which will knock the mites off.

Answer

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsOctober 26, 2007
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
Spider Plant on White Background
Growing Spider Plants
Baby Videos
Funny Baby Videos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 4:50:01 PM on 10.0.1.216 in 719 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.