I Can't Find My Pictures on My PC

I have a big problem. I uninstalled People PC and installed my DSL, and when I did this, I lost all of my pictures. I was going to send them to my sister so she could download onto a floppy disc for me after my DSL was hooked up. I know they have to be in my computer somewhere, is there a free or inexpensive way to recover these pictures? All my pictures for the past year are there, including DD's end of year school picnic, and first day of kindergarten, among other precious memories. Any advice or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance!

jmz2005 from IL

Try doing a search for all pictures on your computer:

Go to "start" menu--> "search"--> "pictures, music or video" --> select "Pictures and Photos" and click "search" (you don't need a keyword or filename).

This may take a while, but it should find any .jpg or .gif images on your computer.

Good luck!! :)

What exactly did you delete when deleted poeple pc? tell me exactly what you did, and i can walk you thru it. What platform are you using?

I am sorry to hear that, the only thing that I can think to suggest to you would be. Click on "Start" should be located on the bottom left side of your screen.

Next click on "RUN" and type in msconfig.

Next make sure that the circle is dotted in on the "NORMAL STARTUP" and then towards the bottom click on "LAUNCH SYSTEM RESTORE"

It will let you choose a date, if you know exactly what date you did your switch on, I would make it for the day before.

I am not sure if this will bring back your pics or not but it has helped me in the past when I have deleted things off of my compute.

GOOD LUCK!

I use windows xp, and only deleted people pc, i have tried the search for pictures, and the system restore to no avail. I went into "add/remove programs" in my computer, and deleted only the people pc components. Most of the pictures were in my computer way before I used people pc. I even had pictures of my dad with his 1st great grandson, would like to recover all these. Also, since asking this, my sister had to reformat my computer to get my dsl to work correctly, dont know if there is any hope. Thank You for any and all help!

Rule number one of computers - Backup, backup backup!

now, most things aren't really gone ,when there "gone", but with the reformatting, it will be alittle harder. Rather then trying to walk you thru the endless poss. of where they might be, Try this software, it's free and should do the job, if it's do-able. You may also want to consider an auto backup program for future uses, also available at this site. Good luck, i really hope this will help you.

http://www.download.com/VaioSoft-Re ... 000-2094_4-10431721.html?tag=lst-0-4

VAIOSoft

VAIOSoft

Recovery Manager can backup, duplicate, recover files, & format cards from many types of flash media that have been lost due to system or battery failure, format or deletion or corruption caused by hardware or software malfunction. Recovery Manager software can recover data from Digital film cards such as CompactFlash, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Secure Digital card (SD), IBM Microdrive, ATA PC card, Hard drives, ZIP, & Jazz drives. Digital Image Recovery.

Professional RAW Digital Image Recovery Digital Movie/Video Recovery. Digital Audio Recovery. Digital Data Recovery. Formatting. Recoverable File formats: JPG/JPEG, TIFF/TIF, WAV, MOV, MPEG/MPG, AVI, BMP, CUR, GIF, ICO, ZIP, PNG, PDF, RTF, DOC, SND, WMV, AIF, ASX, MID, and MP3. Canon CRW File. Kodak DCR File. Nikon NEF File. Fuji RAF File. Olympus ORF File Minolta MRW File. Thumbnail view THM file. Version 1.5 supports new RAW file formats, includes additional document and image file recovery, enhanced media recovery support, and minor bug fixes.

Reformatting pretty much means erasing everything on the hard drive and starting from scratch. Your sister should have asked you if there was anything important you wanted to save before doing that. If the hard drive has been reformatted, the pictures are probably gone.

In your search line type in " Picasa " That will take you to pages where you can down load this free program. If your pictures are still on your computer, it will find them and put them all in a seperate folder. It may even find pictures that you forgot you had. GOOD LUCK. prism @sbcglobal. net (remove spaces)

I have Windows XP on my computer and when I save pics to my computer they wind up in a file in my Word program, under the file name of My Pictures. If you have Word installed on your PC, I'd try looking in your document files to see if you have a file by that name. Mine was automatically set up, and pics just automatically land there when I save them, no matter what the source is that they come from.

Woman using a PC.
Troubleshooting Problems with Computer Files
Computers TroubleshootingFebruary 18, 2007
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Glass Blocks
Putting Pictures on Lighted Glass Blocks
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
A picture frame on a plaster wall.
Hanging Pictures on Plaster Walls
🎉
🎄