Make A Draining And Drying Frame

I needed a way to drain green beans and butter beans after picking and washing them. My husband made a frame and covered it with Hardware Cloth. After washing the beans, I pour them on the wire and spread them out to drain. I have found that the frame has other uses too. This morning, I washed pillows and the frame is perfect for drying them in the hot sun. The picture shows the bottom side of the frame. The top side has no edging which makes it easy to rake the beans off into a bucket after they are dry.

By hate litter from NC

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Draining butterbeans

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

This is a great idea. It'll make the job a lot quicker and easier. I bet you could use it to dehydrate things in the sun, too. It would go faster because the air circulation would be so good. Thank you for posting!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Hardware store wire mesh rarely (never?) has food grade coatings.

Galvanizing material would never make it into cookware. Is this Stainless Steel mesh?

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

My mom used this method to stretch her starched crocheted doilies, flat ones, ruffled ones, and/or spiked ones.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Construction netting is good to use to make a small frame for draining vegetables such as tomatoes. It took only a short while for my tomatoes to dry. This frame was covered with tomatoes and I had just a few left when I decided to take a picture and share this idea.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

piles of dried beans
Drying Beans
Home and Garden Home Improvement Helpful HintsAugust 17, 2010
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 3:59:17 AM on 10.0.1.11 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.