Cleaning Rubber Shoe Soles

How do I clean and restore rubber around the soles of my shoes. I have not worn them for a while and the rubber on the sides has an almost white cast on it, similar to water marks.

I would like to restore the soft black look to the sides, the bottoms are okay. I tried several oils, but these did not help very much.

By cybergrannie from FL

I have used black permanent marker, and since the shoes were black, used black shoe polish on the shoes and over the permanent marker. So, marker and polish. Works just great. I hope your shoes aren't a light color, or fabric. You would need a steady hand in that case.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJuly 27, 2009
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
terra cotta tile floor
Removing Scuff Marks from Waxed Tile Floors