StainsCleaning

Cleaning Rubber Shoe Soles

How do I clean and restore rubber around the soles of my shoes. I have not worn them for a while and the rubber on the sides has an almost white cast on it, similar to water marks.

I would like to restore the soft black look to the sides, the bottoms are okay. I tried several oils, but these did not help very much.

By cybergrannie from FL

Answers

I have used black permanent marker, and since the shoes were black, used black shoe polish on the shoes and over the permanent marker. So, marker and polish. Works just great. I hope your shoes aren't a light color, or fabric. You would need a steady hand in that case.