Use Hard Boiled Egg Water For Houseplants

Cheap and easy feed for houseplants. When you boil eggs - save the water. Sieve out any pieces of egg that may have busted out during boiling. This water, when completely cooled, contains lots of minerals from the egg shell and makes a good feed for houseplants and can be used as often as you water.

Kindest regards -

By Borasic Lint from England UK

Wow, what a great idea! Thanks!

I feed mine left-over, cooled tea, coffee, and the water from steaming veggies too. It seems to really perk them up.

Also you can use just the egg shells. My grandmother used broken up egg shells and used coffee grounds for her houseplants. Works great!

People can even drink the water from boiling eggs. Just let it cool and you get lots of minerals and calcium for free. Just make sure the shells are very clean before boiling the eggs.

That's being frugal! What a great idea! Can't wait to try it on my plants.

Thanks for this use age of water from hard boiled eggs, I will do this from now on.

I am wondering, do you use salt when boiling your eggs? I do and am worried the salt will kill the plants. Otherwise it is a good idea. I do use old coffee, coffe grounds and tea. Will have to try the veggie water, too.

Fertilizing Houseplants
Fertilizing Houseplants
Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerNovember 21, 2007
A girl watering a house plant.
Caring for Houseplants
Sandwich With Soft Boiled Eggs
Recipes Using Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg