Use A Butter Knife To Get Rid Of Hiccups

To get rid of hiccups, pour cold water in glass and put a stainless steel butter knife into the glass. As you drink the water, the hiccups disappear almost instantly!

By Birthaleen from Burbank, CA

This is a urban myth. A knife and a glass of water will not cure anyone's hiccups.

Maybe Birthaleen has had personal experience with this remedy....Birthaleen, has this personally worked for you or someone you know?

This is personal experience. I just put regular white sugar in a small spoon. I put the sugar in my mouth, chew & swallow it. The hiccups are almost always gone. Once in a while it takes 2 spoonfuls.

That's one remedy I have never heard of. But I've tried every other remedy I have heard of. And the ONLY one that works for me every time, and I get hiccups often, is peanut butter. I just take a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter and swallow it. Only once did I have to repeat it. It works immediately. It will even stop one midway.

Almost anything that diverts your attention or requires instense focus will get rid of hiccups. I hold my breath and swallow five times without drinking anything. Whatever works for you is all that matters!

It's actually not a "myth" it does work and this is the only way I am ever able to get rid of my hiccups. Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it's a myth.

Works for me, 100%

Man Covering His Mouth During a Hiccup
Remedies for Hiccups
Health & Beauty Home RemediesAugust 30, 2007
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
Electric Knife
Using an Electric Knife
Magnetic Knife Holder
Making a Magnetic Knife Holder
🎉
🎄