Adding Frosting to Glass

How do I frost the glass on my french door?

By Karen1969 from Manitouwadge, Ontario

Frosting glass is usually done by sandblasting. There may be other options. You could take a piece of glass to a place that does sandblasting for a test. Bodyshops do sandblasting.

You buy etching compound from the craft store. If you want to create a design or a boarder with the etching, you can use adhesive laminate or clear contact sheets to create a stencil for your design. Follow the directions on the bottle very carefully and wear eye protection and gloves.

There is a paint available that when applied will look like frosting. I am sorry I don't recall what it is called but sure any paint department can help you.

I have used "Krylon Frosted Glass Finish" on the windows to stop people from seeing inside while still getting the sun light in the room.

Go to Krylon.com to see where to buy it in your area. I got mine at the True Value Store up town. It is very easy to spray on and it doesn't run any either. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

Home and Garden Home Improvement DoorsApril 9, 2009
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 8:11:23 AM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.