Special Casserole

This is a kid friendly casserole. My kids always preferred that I leave out onion.

• 1 lb. hamburger
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • Ad
  • 1 med. onion, chopped
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2-3/4 soup can of milk
  • 1 box macaroni and cheese

Brown hamburger and onion in butter in a skillet, breaking up meat with a fork. Add soup and milk; simmer 5 minutes. Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Place meat and macaroni in alternate layers in a buttered casserole. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I have made this same casserole (like you--minus the onions) for many years and it's always been a favorite at my house. Now that the kids are grown and gone, my husband is the one who asks for it now!

Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesJune 12, 2009
Bean and Cornbread Casserole
Bean and Cornbread Casserole Recipes
Chicken Cheese Casserole
Chicken Cheese Casserole Recipes
Cooked Crab
Crab Casserole Recipes