Crab Casserole Recipes

• 1 (12 oz.) can crab meat, drained and flaked
  • 16 oz. cottage cheese
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 tsp. onion salt
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • Advertisement

• 10 oz. pkg. frozen spinach, thawed
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 6 Tbsp. flour
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

Beat eggs and flour until smooth. Drain the thawed spinach. Mix remaining ingredients into spinach. Pour into a well greased 2 quart casserole; bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Serves 4.

By Robin from Washington, IA

7 More Solutions

Melt butter in saucepan and blend in flour. Stir in water and milk. Cook, stirring until thick. Add remaining ingredients except crumbs and cheese. Pour into buttered 1 1/2 qt. casserole and top with crumbs and cheese.

Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, celery, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and pimientos. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, pepper and Worcestershire sauce; stir into the seafood mixture.

I am looking for a recipe for crab casserole like you find at a Chinese buffet.

By shorty from Encinitas, CA

Answers

WOW! This post popped up some awesome sounding recipes! Thanks shorty!

Meanwhile, I am pretty sure that our restaurant here in MO is crab meat, white onions (lots! and made to look like pasta), then tons of butter and either cream, or cream cheese for the sauce. I see no celery in it, but have to wonder if they don't sneak it in there somehow.

Here is another great recipe:

1/2 C shredded Swiss cheese
1 pkg cream cheese-room temp so it is soft
Sprinkling of garlic salt, or use some fresh stuff-yum!
Small squirt of brown mustard- about a tsp.
Mix together and then spread into a small glass pan so it layers the bottom and is about 1/2 thick. Bake til bubbly - no more than that! Serve with Wheat Thin Crackers.

Bet this would be good with CRAB MEAT in it!

I'm not sure how other restaurants make this dish, but I have only one to compare it too. :)

I tried on recipe in a post here with the following ingredients: * 1/2 lb. crab meat * 1/2 c. sour cream * 1 tbsp. lemon juice * Pinch of garlic salt * 1 1/4 c. Cheddar cheese * 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese * 2 tbsp. mayonnaise * 1 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce * 1 tbsp. milk

I found this recipe tasted nice but ended up like crab dip.

I searched and found several other recipes but none seemed like the one the now closed local restaurant served. Last night I combined some recipes and added tweaks and came up with a close version to the creamy crab bake thingie I had locally. It needs further tweaking but I thought I'd share what I did.

Creamy Chinese Crab Bake Casserole/Thingie
About 1.5 lbs imitation lump crab meat (broken up into chunks)
¼ lb (one stick) butter or margarine
1c milk
1c half and half
2tbsp parmesan cheese (1tbsp for sauce and 1tbsp for top)
3 tbsp flour
1 egg (lightly beaten if desired)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp sour cream
3 green onions, chopped
½ tbsp garlic salt (didn't measure, could be more or less. I put enough to give a hint of garlic, but not overpowering)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Heat oven to 300.

Melt butter in saucepan over med-low heat. Add flour to butter and stir until smooth. Add milk and half and half and stir. Add garlic salt and whisk in an egg before the sauce gets too warm. Add 1tbs parmesan cheese and green onions. Heat sauce until it thickens but does not boil. Toss crab chunks into sauce and stir to coat.

Pour mixture into a 2 quart baking dish (could use a more shallow dish), sprinkle with other tbs of parmesan and sharp cheddar. Bake at 300 for approx 45 or until everything is bubbly.

Lemme know if this is anything close to what you've had.

Answer this Question

This tasty casserole is made by layering noodles, a creamy cheese sauce, and crabmeat. Adjust it to meet your taste. This page contains a crabmeat casserole recipe.

Crabmeat Casserole in a red casserole dish.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Could someone email me with the recipe for the Crab and Cheese bake that is at the Chinese Restaurants? What is the white (looks like pasta) in the bake?

I have been to King Wok Buffet and I love their Cheesy Crab bake. But I don't know what the sauce is.

I have gone to several Chinese Buffets that have all served a cheesy lump crab casserole (with some type of white sauce ) and also a delicious spinach with cheese casserole.

Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesFebruary 6, 2013
🌻
👒
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crab-Casserole-Recipes.html