Melted Rubber Stains on Tablecloth

My husband placed an electronic keyboard, which had been in the truck of his car for few days, on my good table cloth. When he went to pick it up it was stuck to the tablecloth. The rubber tabs at the bottom of the keyboard were melted and stained my table cloth pretty bad. I tried all kind of solvents, nothing helped. I appreciate any advice on how to get rid of this melted rubber stain.

Laurice from Texas

Best Answer

I had some melted rubber on carpet and I had some "Goo Gone" cleaner. and after some effort I was able to get it removed rather well. It took several applications, some elbow grease and some light scraping with a wood chisel.

I had a piece of electronic equipment that got so hot it melted the rubber feet tabs. Without knowing this I set it on our expensive Nylon carpet. After fretting about for a couple of days, I got out the Goof Off. It removed the melted rubber with very little effort. I tested on an inconspicuous place first.

Try 'Goof Off'. It advertises right on the can for 'asphalt' and

'Tar'. I used it successfully on a nylon carpet for the same issue with an electronic piece of equipment. Test it on an inconspicuous place first.

Bottom of Rubber Boot
Removing Rubber Stains
Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsFebruary 5, 2006
Pair of black boots and tennis shoes on a vinyl floor
Cleaning Black Rubber Marks on Laminate Flooring
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps