What is the Chemical Mix to Make Colored Flames?

Does anyone know what you mix to throw on a campfire to make color flames? I think it's just household products, but what? I can buy packs, but they are expensive Thanks.

By Sheila from Nova Scotia, Canada

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have never done this, but my sister did. She said they use a section of a copper pipe, with a section of garden hose around it. They throw it into the fire and say it burns green.

Consumer Advice General AdviceAugust 29, 2010
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
A colorful stack of new clothing.
Removing Chemical Odors From New Clothing
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:25:49 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.