Mark Your Purchases When Shopping With A Group

When you go shopping with other people, take return labels along. Stick one on your packages and at a glance you all know which package belongs to who. Saves time when you get home and are tired. Also when you put your bags in the vehicle try to put each person's bags in a specific area.

By latrtatr from Loup City,NE

This is even a good idea when grocery shopping alone. I like to watch when items are scanned to be sure the advertised or posted price is scanned correctly. The checker scans so fast it's hard to catch errors until I've already paid. This would work unless you had a basket full of items; in that case it would be too time consuming. Good idea!

May 6, 2010 Flag

When my daughter and I go shopping or to garage sales, I tie the tops of my bags in a knot. That way when she brings me home, it is very easy to recognize my purchases. Bread bag twisties work great too.

By Anna from Urbana, OH

When Shopping Together, Tie Purchases To Tell Them Apart

Hello, Anna. That is a great idea! I often go with friends and family shopping, and usually end up looking inside each bag, trying to recall what I even purchased! So, thanks for the tip! By the way... I've never seen anyone online from Urbana! I grew up in the area (Woodstock, technically). I went to and graduated from Triad (as did my dad), and my grandparents (and other family members, and friends) are long-time Urbanians. Go Sparky (mom and other family/friends graduated from UHS, mom was even a cheerleader there)! Nice to see someone from "back home!" (10/22/2007)

By heather21230

That is an excellent idea! I will try it out next time my sister and I go shopping together - which happens often! Thanks for sharing and God bless you. (10/22/2007)

By tedsmom

It also works to put your bags behind the seat you are sitting in, on the floor. (08/25/2008)

By Cindy

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingMay 6, 2010
Saving for a Large Purchase
Saving Money for Large Purchases
PayPal logo
Using PayPal
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 1:06:42 AM on in 931 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.