How Do I Find Wild Flowers to Plant in My Garden?

I just moved to my own senior's place in March and have a small garden spot. The trouble is, I cannot afford to buy flowers. So how can I find some good wild ones that will transplant well to a small garden bed and to some window boxes?

By Cheryl

In some areas wildflowers are protected so digging them up might actually be illegal. One of the least expensive ways to start would be to grow flowers from seed. You can buy them pretty cheaply and many flowers produce seed that can be saved for next year, making them a one-time purchase. If you ask around with the other residents some might be willing to split the cost of seeds or bedding plants with you, too. I hope you enjoy your garden!

Be advised removal of any wildflower from a wooded area or park can land you in jail. Ask your neighbors/relatives to give you a few plants when they separate theirs.

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersMay 4, 2011
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
Wild Onions
Eating Wild Onion
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 4:46:23 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.