Burning Bush

This past fall the burning bush did well. It took a year or two to get so pretty. The first year I was disappointed, but the wait was worth it.

By Linda

Beautiful bush! I have one also and it has gotten so big and out of control that last year I decided one way or another it was getting a big old trim! I went nuts on this bush and when I got done I stood back and looked to see what I had done.To my amazement I trimmed it into what looks like a Bonsai Tree!People ask all the time what it is.So if it ever gets out of hand you have an option!

Beautiful Bush, Linda! I planted two last spring and was somewhat disappointed in the fall.

But, right now they're both growing like mad . .so hopefully they will be this pretty in the fall.

My original plan was to root enough to use as foundation plantings on the south side, but after what Marisa said, I wonder if that's a good idea?

Thanks Linda for sharing! And thank you Marisa for the little tidbit about it's growth!

April 15, 2011 Flag

Garden: Burning Bush

This is our brilliant fall burning bush and variegated barberry.

By Jackie from Enumclaw, WA

Answers:

Garden: Burning Bush

Very pretty flowers, thanks for sharing, good luck. (10/27/2009)

By kffrmw88

Garden: Burning Bush

Beautiful picture, gorgeous bush! Good job on picture composition. Thumbs up! (10/29/2009)

By catastrofy

Garden: Burning Bush

Stunning colours! (10/30/2009)

By skinnyjinny

Burning bush, fall foliage.
Growing a Burning Bush
Photos GardenApril 15, 2011
Burning Bush
Burning Bush Does Not Turn Red
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
autumn flowers and garden bench
Fall Garden Photos
🎉
🎄