Deeli's Homemade Guacamole

If you like heat in your guacamole, add one small seeded and finely diced jalapeno ;-)

• 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
  • Ad
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced
  • 1/2 small tomato, seeded and finely diced
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Stir together the avocado and lemon juice in a glass serving bowl, add the onion, tomato, cilantro, and garlic, mix well, season with the salt and pepper, and serve.

If you are not serving immediately, store in the refrigerator covered with a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole and then another piece around the top of the bowl to help keep it from turning brown. Some people swear by keeping an avocado seed in the center of the guacamole to help keep from browning, but I've never tried it.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

The seed does work. Another addition to guacamole is finely shredded or chopped lettuce and season with chili powder.

Yum! Love guacamole, I use a similar recipe. Thanks for the tip about the seed, I will definitely try that. :)

Great recipe. I must be an overachiever. I like more cilantro, more garlic and two shots of Cuervo (on the side).

Can't wait to try!

Easy Homemade Guacamole
Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican DipsJuly 17, 2011
Avocados cut in half.
Using Avocados
Storing Guacamole
Storing Guacamole
Fresh Guacamole
Guacamole Recipes
An avocado cut in half.
Guacamole Salad Recipes