Browsing: Removing Paper Stuck to Wood

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Paper Stuck to Wood

Stickers or wet paper can stick to wooden things when they dry. It can be challenge to remove without damaging the wood. This is a guide about removing paper stuck to wood.

Woman Cleaning Wood
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 14, 2009 Flag

How do I remove dried newspaper that is stuck on my dark wood dining table without ruining the finish? Thanks I am desperate.

By Aehtna from Los Angeles, CA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Try spreading on a thin layer of vegetable or olive oil, letting it set for a few, then rub off with an old soft kitchen towel, and wipe clean.

Try using Vaseline on it, let it set for a little while.

April 30, 2010 Flag

How do I get a piece of wet cardboard that dried on a wood table off without ruining the table?

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

Best Answer

Hello,

My husband refinished antique furniture. He said to apply some mayonnaise to it and let it sit for awhile and then it should come right off.

May 16, 2014 Flag

A wet magazine was left on finished table top inadvertently leaving some black words and some red from the magazine. How can I remove the print without ruining the finish?

By E.C.B.

Try using some "Awesome" cleaner from dollar tree. I would try it diluted first and then work up to full strength. It is really wonderful! It is a yellow liquid in an odd-shaped bottle.

January 31, 2005 Flag

If you ever get a piece of plastic or paper that is 'stuck' to your countertop or dresser, just add a drop or two of baby oil to the spot and it should lift right off.

By Robin

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 4, 2005 Flag

If someone mistakingly uses a paper towel or newspaper for a coaster you may find youself with paper stuck to your furniture. Peel away as much of the paper as you can, then apply some olive oil to a clean rag. Apply the olive oil to the paper and the paper should remove easily.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureFebruary 15, 2014
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 10:47:32 PM on 10.0.0.164 in 563 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.