Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Paper Stuck to Wood

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Woman Cleaning Wood

Stickers or wet paper can stick to wooden things when they dry. It can be challenge to remove without damaging the wood. This is a guide about removing paper stuck to wood.

Solutions: Removing Paper Stuck to Wood

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Paper Stuck To Wood

If someone mistakingly uses a paper towel or newspaper for a coaster you may find youself with paper stuck to your furniture. Peel away as much of the paper as you can, then apply some olive oil to a clean rag. Apply the olive oil to the paper and the paper should remove easily.

Tip: Removing Paper or Plastic That Is Stuck to a Dresser or Countertop

If you ever get a piece of plastic or paper that is 'stuck' to your countertop or dresser, just add a drop or two of baby oil to the spot and it should lift right off.

By Robin

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Removing Paper Stuck to Wood.

Question: Wet Magazine Left on Table

A wet magazine was left on finished table top inadvertently leaving some black words and some red from the magazine. How can I remove the print without ruining the finish?

By E.C.B.

Most Recent Answer

By tiredgirl5005/19/2014

Try using some "Awesome" cleaner from dollar tree. I would try it diluted first and then work up to full strength. It is really wonderful! It is a yellow liquid in an odd-shaped bottle.

Question: How Can I Remove Paper Stuck to a Table?

How do I get a piece of wet cardboard that dried on a wood table off without ruining the table?

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

Best Answer

By Sherri [6]05/01/2010

Hello,
My husband refinished antique furniture. He said to apply some mayonnaise to it and let it sit for awhile and then it should come right off.

Question: Newspaper Stuck To Wooden Table

How do I remove dried newspaper that is stuck on my dark wood dining table without ruining the finish? Thanks I am desperate.

By Aehtna from Los Angeles, CA

Best Answer

By Frances Adams [11]07/15/2009

Try spreading on a thin layer of vegetable or olive oil, letting it set for a few, then rub off with an old soft kitchen towel, and wipe clean.