Removing Paper Stuck to Wood

Stickers or wet paper can stick to wooden things when they dry. It can be challenge to remove without damaging the wood. This is a guide about removing paper stuck to wood.

January 31, 2005 Flag

If you ever get a piece of plastic or paper that is 'stuck' to your countertop or dresser, just add a drop or two of baby oil to the spot and it should lift right off.

By Robin

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

May 4, 2005 Flag

If someone mistakingly uses a paper towel or newspaper for a coaster you may find youself with paper stuck to your furniture. Peel away as much of the paper as you can, then apply some olive oil to a clean rag. Apply the olive oil to the paper and the paper should remove easily.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

July 14, 2009 Flag

How do I remove dried newspaper that is stuck on my dark wood dining table without ruining the finish? Thanks I am desperate.

By Aehtna from Los Angeles, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Try spreading on a thin layer of vegetable or olive oil, letting it set for a few, then rub off with an old soft kitchen towel, and wipe clean.

Try using Vaseline on it, let it set for a little while.

April 30, 2010 Flag

How do I get a piece of wet cardboard that dried on a wood table off without ruining the table?

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Hello,

My husband refinished antique furniture. He said to apply some mayonnaise to it and let it sit for awhile and then it should come right off.

May 16, 2014 Flag

A wet magazine was left on finished table top inadvertently leaving some black words and some red from the magazine. How can I remove the print without ruining the finish?

By E.C.B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try using some "Awesome" cleaner from dollar tree. I would try it diluted first and then work up to full strength. It is really wonderful! It is a yellow liquid in an odd-shaped bottle.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureFebruary 15, 2014
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 12:37:23 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.