Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Marie Callender's Pie Crust

I bought a pie from Marie Callender's and everyone loved the pie crust. I'm wondering if anyone can find a recipe that is as good as that one? It might be an oil or combination of shortening and oil?

Jana from NV

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Daniel (Guest Post)08/03/2008

Just a warning to vegetarians, when I asked a waiter if there was lard in there pie crust, their said there was. Their Muffin's have lard as well.

By Celia Pope (Guest Post)07/30/2008

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons ice water
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
Beat together butter and shortening until smooth and creamy; chill until firm. Sift together flour, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Using fork, cut butter and shortening into dry ingredients until mixture has a consistent texture. Mix egg yolk, ice water and vinegar into dough, then form into ball and refrigerate about 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 450 . When dough has chilled, roll it out and press into pie plate. Press parchment paper or aluminum foil into crust and weight crust down with ceramic pie weight or another pie plate filled with dried beans. Bake 15 minutes, then remove weight or pan filled with beans and prick crust with fork to allow steam to escape. Bake another 5 - 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let crust cool. Makes enough dough for one 8 to 10 single crust pie.

By (Guest Post)07/02/2008

Where can you buy Marie Callender's frozen pie crust in Bangor, Pennsylvania? My friend is going nuts trying to find it. Thanks, Sherry

By Martha (Guest Post)12/07/2007

What stores carry this pie crust in Orlando Florida?

By Rebecca Cole (Guest Post)11/13/2007

Where can I find Marie Callendar frozen pie crusts in Texas?

By Joyce Polonchak (Guest Post)09/14/2007

Where do I find this pie crust in Lancaster, PA?

By Kate (Guest Post)05/20/2007

They sell Marie Callender's pie crust in the freezer section at King Soopers (Kroger) in Colorado. They are wonderful, and easy!

By Melissa (Guest Post)09/16/2006

I used to buy them frozen when I lived down south, but up here in Michigan, I haven't been able to find them. They are the best, better than most homemade ones. I used to use them for pot pies. Yum. I was actually doing a search to find how I could get a hold of them when I came across this site.

By ChatySue (Guest Post)06/12/2006

This is Marie Callender's Pie Crust Recipe:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons ice water
1/2 teaspoon vinegar

Beat together the butter and shortening until smooth and creamy and chill until firm.
Sift together the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
Using a fork, cut the butter and shortening into the dry ingredients, until the mixture has a consistent texture.
Mix egg yolk, ice water, and vinegar into the dough, then form it into a ball and refrigerate it for 1 hour so that it will be easier to work with.

By Wendy (Guest Post)03/13/2006

You can buy Marie Callendar pie crusts frozen at supermarkets in the Florida area and I am sure that they are available elsewhere. They taste just like homemade and the only one that I will buy. They even improved the packaging. You can't buy a better frozen pie crust.

I agree with Mimi3 - I was told by a older relative that vinegar makes a no-fail crust.

By Cheryl [7]02/16/2006

I don't have that recipe, but I can tell you one of the easiest and best tasting pie crusts around ...Jiffy brand Pie Crust Mix. I have tried tons of crust recipes and this is all I ever use now. It is inexpensive, one box makes 2 crusts and it is virtually impossible to mess up. I keep mine in the freezer, pop the box open, take a fork or pastry blender and break it up real well and add the water .. mix it up and roll it on a lightly floured board. Like I said it is almost impossible to mess up. I don't even measure my water anymore. Enjoy!

By Jan (Guest Post)02/15/2006

When my children were small I made lots and lots of pies.Mostly apple and I used a old time recipe.
3 cups flour
1 cup lard
1 beaten egg
1 tablesoon vinegar
little salt
Mix flour,salt and lard until crumbly,add beaten egg and vinegar mix until it forms a ball.roll out on floured surface.It makes a very flacky crust.I hope i remembered the recipe right.Have'nt made pie for a long time

By cyndi02/15/2006

I used to never make pies because of the crust until I had a friend give me her recipe. Now all the family requests for me to make pies! 4 cups unbleached flour; 2 Tblsp. sugar; 1 tsp. baking powder; 1/4 tsp.salt. Put above ingredients in large bowl (I use the large Tupperware bowl). Add 1 and 3/4 cups butter flavored shortening. Cut it in until very crumbly. Sprinkle 1/2 cup very cold water over mixture. Add 1 Tblsp. apple cider vinegar. Mix with flour using a fork. Divide into 4 balls. Hope you like it! Mimi3