Removing Mildew Smell in Leather Furniture

I have had a pretty expensive leather couch and loveseat in storage for 10 years. I just got them out and they look fine, but smell horrible from mildew. I cleaned them with a leather cleaner, but the mildew smell won't go away. I really don't want to throw them away. Please, can someone give me an idea on how to restore to their original condition?

I was really stupid and did not replace the moisture absorbing products in my storage bin often enough. I really want to save my furniture. Help!

By Tracee

Distilled white vinegar. Mix 1 part water and 1 part vinegar. Turn couch and loveseat upside down and spray both really good. The smell of the vinegar will go away once its dry. If you still smell the mildew, do it again, vinegar won't hurt it. Then spray it on the leather and wipe dry. This works for smoke damage too.

Must Leather Couch
Removing Musty Smell From Leather Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMay 20, 2011
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
Man's hands cleaning a leather couch.
Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes