Remedies for Excessive Head Sweating

I am not sure where to put this question, but I have head and facial sweating so bad that I look like I take a shower every time I move around and sometimes when I am just sitting here. I am so embarrassed and the older I get the worse it gets.

I can't do my make up or my hair and I don't want to go to the gym because after a while from my head getting so hot and the rest of my body sweating, I look like a drowning pig. Yes, I am over weight, but I have had the problem even when I was skinny. I have been to the doctor, the neurologist, the dermatologist, and the cosmetologist and guess what, nothing has been done.

I read on here something about putting Sea Breeze on your scalp and alum mixed with water, but I am unsure how much to use and how often. If anyone has any suggestions please email me through this site. Thank you.

By Angie from Caledonia, MI

Before I became a mommy, I worked for an optometrist. We had a regular patient who had hyperhidrosis. She always looked like she just finished a work out (really sweaty). I never said anything to her about it, because it had nothing to do with her visits. After she became a regular patient, I didn't notice too much. I bet your friends and anyone else you see regularly notice less as time goes on, too.

Have you ever looked into Botox? They were using it to help control excessive sweating before they were using it for wrinkles! I don't know if they use it for sweating of the face/head. But if they do, you'd have to go back periodically for more shots. It can't hurt to ask your doctor. Best of luck - I hope you find some relief soon!

I had exactly the same symptoms as you Angie. I visited my doctor who prescribed Propantheline bromide tablets.They stopped the sweating almost immediately.The only side effect I had was a dry mouth. Which was a small price to pay. I live in the UK, I hope the tablets are available in the States. Good Luck.