AdviceDogs

What Bread is My Dog?

I rescued a German Shepherd mix and I am dying to know what other breeds he has in him. He has just turned 5 months old and is the runt. So, he is just a bit smaller than his siblings. We were thinking, Great Dane? Hound? I was wondering if anyone could help me with this?

He is such a joy and so beautiful. He is very bony, gangling legs, big feet, and his ears are sometimes awkward straight out, straight down, or straight up in the wind. And, his tail is just as long as his back legs. He has a very long tail.

By Alesha from Sioux Falls, SD

How beautiful the darling is. I have forwarded this post to Eric who goes by wildfire. He is almost an expert on shepherds. Maybe he can tell more than me. I would say maybe a dane, don't see any hound, those ears are so adorable! Such a sweet and adorable face..give him a hug for me!

Here is Shadow, he is huge. Here he is after I caught him trashing the kitchen as he usually does...LOL when I am not looking. robyn

Gorgeous - He belongs on a calender. He is German Shepard and the other part is called "gifted".

I'm thinking part Dane, too because of those gorgeous long model legs :) but, your boy surely does look 99% GSD.

Beautiful, beautiful boy.

I would say for sure that his is part Shepherd and Totally Beautiful!

You are both blessed to have each other!

I have a 3 month old German Shepherd that looks just like your pup, and he is a German Shepherd/Great Dane. The mother is 100% German Shepherd akc registered. The dad is Great Dane/Bull Mastiff, but looks more Great Dane. Here is a pic of my pup when he was 2 months old. Note, date on pic is very wrong. lol