What Glue Can I Use on Yarn Ends When Crocheting or Knitting?

By applesauce 8 55

What is the best "glue" to use to secure yarn ends when crocheting and/or knitting? Thanks for your response.

By applesauce from Alexandria, VA

Showing: Answers Sort

By Deborah Jones 63 Flag

You don't "glue the ends - just use a tapestry needly and "weave in" the ends. A google search will get you more specific info.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Clynn Altemus 30 67 Flag

dj_pinkey was correct that you don't glue the yarn ends when crocheting or knitting.

However, if you are having problems with the ends unraveling while you are working on your project, the end of the yarn can be seared with a match or cigarette lighter. Most yarns are man-made fibers and they will melt. Be very careful the first time you try a yarn in case it is flammable.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By applesauce 8 55 Flag

Okay, I never have glued the end of yarn, even though I weave in the ends of the yarn, sometimes it still needs an extra 'something', but thanks anyway for your hints and advice.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By gill 1 13 Flag

Have a look here:

How to crochet lesson 5 Taking care of the tails

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoPpjT_vxiE

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Judy = Oklahoma 60 750 Flag

Are you talking about the ends you have when you have to add or switch yarn? I never liked having the loose ends just woven in, taking the chance of it coming unravelled & ruining my hard work. I tie my ends together in a square knot & then I weave the loose ends in & out of the other stitches using a smaller crochet hook.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By applesauce 8 55 Flag

Hey everyone thanks for all the hints. After watching the video on "ends" I guess I've been doing them almost correctly all the time.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Crafts CrochetAugust 22, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Ball of blue yarn with crochet hook.
Crochet Tips and Tricks
Knitting With Fabric
Knitting With Fabric
machine knitting a hat
Buying and Using a Knitting Machine
Knitting Tips
Knitting Tips and Tricks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:24:40 PM on 10.0.1.32 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings