What Glue Can I Use on Yarn Ends When Crocheting or Knitting?

What is the best "glue" to use to secure yarn ends when crocheting and/or knitting? Thanks for your response.

By applesauce from Alexandria, VA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You don't "glue the ends - just use a tapestry needly and "weave in" the ends. A google search will get you more specific info.

dj_pinkey was correct that you don't glue the yarn ends when crocheting or knitting.

However, if you are having problems with the ends unraveling while you are working on your project, the end of the yarn can be seared with a match or cigarette lighter. Most yarns are man-made fibers and they will melt. Be very careful the first time you try a yarn in case it is flammable.

Okay, I never have glued the end of yarn, even though I weave in the ends of the yarn, sometimes it still needs an extra 'something', but thanks anyway for your hints and advice.

Have a look here:

How to crochet lesson 5 Taking care of the tails

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoPpjT_vxiE

Are you talking about the ends you have when you have to add or switch yarn? I never liked having the loose ends just woven in, taking the chance of it coming unravelled & ruining my hard work. I tie my ends together in a square knot & then I weave the loose ends in & out of the other stitches using a smaller crochet hook.

Hey everyone thanks for all the hints. After watching the video on "ends" I guess I've been doing them almost correctly all the time.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Crafts CrochetAugust 22, 2010
Ball of blue yarn with crochet hook.
Crochet Tips and Tricks
Knitting With Fabric
Knitting With Fabric
machine knitting a hat
Buying and Using a Knitting Machine
Knitting Tips
Knitting Tips and Tricks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 10:07:39 AM on 10.0.2.102 in 984 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.