What Glue Can I Use on Yarn Ends When Crocheting or Knitting?

What is the best "glue" to use to secure yarn ends when crocheting and/or knitting? Thanks for your response.

By applesauce from Alexandria, VA

You don't "glue the ends - just use a tapestry needly and "weave in" the ends. A google search will get you more specific info.

dj_pinkey was correct that you don't glue the yarn ends when crocheting or knitting.

However, if you are having problems with the ends unraveling while you are working on your project, the end of the yarn can be seared with a match or cigarette lighter. Most yarns are man-made fibers and they will melt. Be very careful the first time you try a yarn in case it is flammable.

Okay, I never have glued the end of yarn, even though I weave in the ends of the yarn, sometimes it still needs an extra 'something', but thanks anyway for your hints and advice.

Have a look here:

How to crochet lesson 5 Taking care of the tails

http://www.yout … ch?v=aoPpjT_vxiE

Anonymous

I've done that for years

Are you talking about the ends you have when you have to add or switch yarn? I never liked having the loose ends just woven in, taking the chance of it coming unravelled & ruining my hard work. I tie my ends together in a square knot & then I weave the loose ends in & out of the other stitches using a smaller crochet hook.

Hey everyone thanks for all the hints. After watching the video on "ends" I guess I've been doing them almost correctly all the time.

Anonymous

I use a drop of clear nail polish on ends and then squeeze the end together with the part of the yarn where you want it placed. Used it for years on cross stitch, Swedish embroidery, knitting and crocheting. Give it a try and see how you like it.

That sounds really feasible and will try it! Also, the "Russian Join" works pretty good. There are quite a few utube on it!